Lucky Leprechaun

We were working on our St. Patrick's Day issue of the Beer mag and I had a brainstorm. We needed to shoot a specific beer for the "beer of the month," but the props I was handed and the background wasn't doing much for me. There was this guy Joe who worked with us and he's a really big boy. He also has red hair and looks like a big Irish dude. We had these small foam hats and I thought it might look pretty funny on him. I decided to set up a shot with him as my main focus and try to add some humor. His shirt was actually yellow and was mixed with earth tones, but a little Photoshop work could easily solve that problem.

Anyways, I shot a bunch of photos and did a bit of post production work to a few and gave them to the Senior Editor. The "Dream Crusher" didn't really see the humor that myself and the other fellow workers in my office found, so in the end it was shelved for a pretty boring and somewhat tacky (in my opinion) shot with cheap party store props. Oh well, it still brings back memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment