Indoor Training


Living in California means you often get spoiled by our weather. We can ride our bikes year round, but there are times when Mother Nature throws a curveball. December of 2010 saw a solid week of rain. Not the drissle for 20 minutes kind either, it was non-stop for what seemed like an eternity. At first I welcomed the much needed rain to our drought plagued Southern California, but since it started to extend in to our weekend ride and was showing no signs of letting up, I needed to dust off the trainer and do some pedaling indoors.

My trainer rarely gets used and there is a good reason. It is boring as hell. Sure there are ways to spice it up and I've heard of guys with all sorts of computer simulations, rollers, etc., but the reality is that it will never be the same. There is no way to match the adrenaline, the cornering, the wind in your face.  This is what makes riding unique.

Where's my sun?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah the monotony of riding the trainer really sux. Funny though, I've put in more miles this past week indoors than I normally do during the week(outdoors).

    ReplyDelete