Cuyamaca




When I lived in San Diego, I had a group of friends that would get together and ride on a pretty regular schedule. We would load up the trucks and go to east San Diego more often than not. The mountains out there are big and you really get away from it all. It's one of the only places in Southern California where you can find big trees. This is a shot of our group with me in the blue t-shirt facing the camera.

We had just got done climbing up to Cuyamaca Peak and stopped to take in the views and fuel up. The peak is about 6,600 feet and takes a lot out of you. The trails there are just awesome. This was shot way back in about 1991. Check out my rig, it's the one with the yellow Rock Shock Judy SL fork which was pretty awesome in their day. That was one of my first rides. It was a Mongoose hardtail, and I put on XT V-brakes, grip shift and climbing bars with Panaracer tires. I would pinch flat the hell out of those tires in the rock gardens. We thought we were the shit. Ah, memories.

1 comment:

  1. I had to take that pic....Doug is wiping his glasses, Jim is blond and Brian with his back to the camera holding something to his mouth....hmmmm. Those trees are gone now too.

    ReplyDelete