40 oz. Shootout. Ouch.


Okay, our mag decided it would be interesting to do a 40 oz. Malt Liquor shootout to put to bed which was the best "ghetto" offering. We had to do it in cups unmarked. All I can say is that it was brutal. In actuality the shootout should have been like our political candidates; the lesser of the evils. Yeah it was fun to live some of my dorm room memories, but dear god almighty. Without a doubt, hands down, the worst one was the Steel Reserve. I don't know how anyone can drink this stuff. It was like really bad cough syrup with a very strong aftertaste that hit you like a freight train. I challenge you to take a swig and not make a grimace.

If you don't know, malt liquor has to be labeled as such, because the alcohol content is too high for it to be classified as beer. So a 40 oz. is a big volume of heavy, gutt-wrenching swill and there is a reason it has probably been at least 20 years since I touched this stuff, and if I have my way, it will be much longer before I touch any of this stuff again. The winner? It doesn't matter, they are all terrible and should be avoided like the plague.

No comments:

Post a Comment