Some Belgian Tastiness

A pretty amazing Belgian Beer. Dinner at Brussels Bistro in Laguna Beach and I stumbled on this tasty treat. Brussel's has some great food and if you like clams, this is the place. I especially like the steak tartar. If you've ever had it, it's definitely a bit different. Yeah, it's red meat, but it's cold and often prepared with pickles and onions chopped up in it and the meat is ground so that it is kind of slimy and smooth. Think of a hamburger patty, but leaner, smoother, cold and a bit sour. It isn't the typical pissed off red meat bleeding all over your plate you might be used to. I still dig it though. On one of the walls, there is a Belgian cycling jersey signed by the great Eddy Merckx. If you don't know, Merckx is a legend and Belgian. He is a man's man, and not only won a lot of Tour de Frances, but won a lot of other races including some of the one day classics; badass. Glad to see the bike history and memorabilia on the wall for guys like me. Oh yeah, the Belgian Ale was awesome. Medium amber color, nice aroma with just a hint of fruitiness and only a tad sour (by Belgian standards). Held a decent head and I asked the waiter to pour for a head of about 3 fingers. Big but not heavy.

2 comments:

  1. I just can't have any fun unless there's beer involved.
    - one of my fave Mr. Carl-isms.

    ReplyDelete