Carbon Fiber Wheels




I'm pretty much a geek when it comes to bike stuff, especially the expensive, exotic stuff that I probably can never get my hands on. The word geek is a slang term, noting individuals as "One who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc." Yeah, I pretty much fall deep in to that category. What caught me was this set of carbon fiber wheels. They are a tubular set and I’ve never heard of them, much less ever seen them before. I was just sitting back, enjoying a nice cold beer at the bike shop, when I glanced over and saw these. The super nerdy, gears in my head just went nuts. I had to take a close inspection. 


Everything is carbon fiber; from the hoops, to the bladed spokes that are glued to them, to the hubs. In my hands, they seem like they would be pretty stiff, and the weight was crazy. These things were stupid light, probably around 1200 grams for the set. It was like holding up a balloon in the air with my fingers. Of course I instantly bombarded John Coleman with every imaginable question in my search for more knowledge. He said that basically they are a new company and the wheels are pretty untested. They are light as hell and just came on the market. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment