Holy Jim, Holy Summer Heat!

Chris Garcia and I went out on a big ride that was to cover Lower Holy Jim and Upper Holy Jim trails. We left early to try and avoid the mid-day summer heat. After a few hours on the bike and some big "hike-a-bike" sections, we proceeded to descend. Unfortunately, I caught a sharp rock on the sidewall of my tubeless front tire and flatted. Sweating buckets and hiding in the rare shade on the trail, I proceeded to try and fix the tire with a traditional tube I bring along with me. Stan's "no-tubes" fluid spilled all over me as I tried to fix the problem with my McGyver skills, and after about 15 minutes we were up and going again. Shortly following, my 100 oz. Camelback was empty and we limped in to the parking lot to our car. Another epic ride checked off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment