Whole Foods Just Opened Up Around the Corner

Okay, Whole Foods just opened a new location just around the corner from my house. They have all kinds of great things as you go from the entrance with the juice bar, and on to the deli, but the thing that stopped me in my tracks were the 2 beer aisles. Yep, not one, 2. I literally jaw dropped and stood there like a deer in headlights. Normally my offerings at the local Ralphs is limited to the big domestic brands, and even the semi-micro brewery offerings which usually include a Hefeweizen, a typical Pale Ale, an import selection like Heineken, and the Mexican imports like Pacifico or Corona, and how about throwing in a Stone IPA. I might get lucky and find an expensive Delirium Tremens 1/2 liter, or a Saporo, but that's about it.

I usually have to go to BevMo or somewhere out of the way for anything more. Until now. I have options and more options. I like Belgian Ales, and at Whole Foods, they have all sorts to choose from. Imports, and even domestic Belgians adorn the shelves just waiting for me to roll the dice. After picking this one, for no other reason than its cool packaging and completely random origin of Chicago, I paid the man and went home. It's not cheap, but I've only scratched the surface. Oh hell yeah. BTW, it was pretty good, but I've had better. I'll give it an 8.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment