Just Because

My fiance and I go to this Greek restaurant around the corner from our house. The food is pretty good- not award winning- and it's owned by an older Greek couple who just expanded the square footage to a little bigger than the original broom closet dimensions. It has some charm and the couple is honest and hard working. You can tell they've put their love in to it, and the place is starting to take shape. I say 90% since it's obvious they've done a lot of the decorating themselves. I'd say the atmosphere almost there, because the place definitely lacks a little refinement, with questionable decorations and furniture that makes it kind of quirky, but not in a cool, planned way. I'm sounding like a total highbrow asshole, so I'll move on.

Anyways, since I'm eating their food I have to try to pair up a typical beer. I've never heard of Aris, and chances are you haven't either. The funny thing is, the beer is so ordinary it won't be making any waves soon. I now can say, "been there, done that." No regrets. After all, it didn't bum me, and it's definitely better than doing without. When in Rome... I mean Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment