Ronny Chalk

Ronny Chalk is one of those athletes I had the privilege to work with. He has that talent that makes everything look easy. You hang out with him and before you know it, you look back and realize that the trick he did was something special. I'm not discounting his efforts, just explaining how his natural touch makes things look so easy. Just click on the photo and analyze how much extension he is getting in this trick. It's retarded.

I shot this photo on some tombstone jumps that make you cringe when you look at them. He had a few tricks, but this one had full extension and style. Luckily, I've stayed in touch with him over the years and he's evolved in to road and mountain biking. I guess we all have to grow up some time. Okay, maybe not. His stories about X-games and training shed light on how difficult riding at that level can be. I love to listen to his stories and dream about what it would be like to learn some of the crazy stuff he and others like him did before foam pits took over. A classic guy and fun to be around. BTW, Ronny was very instrumental in getting me past my hang ups about 29ers. He is an advocate for the big wheels and rides a full suspension all-mountain rig himself. He's recently opened up his own bike shop in Corona called B-Rad and he seems to be once again doing what he knows and loves. How many of us can claim that?

No comments:

Post a Comment