New Fox Ad



Fox Racing decided to run one of their month's ads with a photo I did of Giant pro Andrew Neethling. The shot was the same day I did the images for the Fox mountain bike catalog. This particular action shot was done by setting up a couple of small strobes under the trees at the bottom of “Telonics” in Laguna Beach.

"Needles" is a really fast pro from South Africa and is hitting his stride on the World Cup circuit. He and Duncan Riffle were just railing this berm and getting their bikes nice and flat. The light was a bit tricky since it was scattered and broken up by the leaves and branches, so I needed to get a bit creative. I opted to use a straight lens in order to avoid the distortion created by using something a bit wider.

I always love shooting talented athletes and these guys really made it look easy. They hiked the same turn a few times until we got the shot I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment